Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Comedy - Indulgence

Comedy – Indulgence.

I was at the Landsdowne last night and it was a decent enough gig. Seeing as there were only 4 comics, Scott, who runs it told us we could do as long as we liked so I went for about 14 minutes. I was afraid it was a little indulgent but Scott was quite complimentary and said I could come back whenever I was free which is tops. He’s reopening Harold Park for Comedy and I’m really looking forward to that too.

I’ve just put my name down for two comps, Green Faces and the Wollongong International Comedy Festival Open Mic comp so if you’re in either of those areas in May or June make sure you check it our aight?

My mate Michael is down in Melbourne for the festival and is having an ace time. Here’s an excerpt from his travels.

So far it's been awesome, seen 5 shows in 2 nights and hoping to see 2 day! The best line so far has to be David O'Doherty trying out a new song he had written on the plane trip here… The song got NOTHING from the crowd, absolutely nothing! Then when he finished he rolled off his chair, lay on the floor and went "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I needed you guys to love that song, instead you all stood there looking at me like you were trying to crack a safe with your eyes!"

It was awesome!!! He then followed up with "now I feel like a gladiator walking into the coliseum to do battle, and looking down at my weapons, and all I have is a plunger! It was hilarious!
He also had this to say about Nick and Ben who are part of Smart Casual. I supported them a couple of weeks ago if you remember.

Things are HUGE for Nick and Ben, they got asked to play Hi-Fi bar first night. Hi-Fi is the late night place that all the hard core comedy fans (and comedians) go to after all the shows finish. It's a huge thing to get asked to play it, and they KILLED! So far Brendan Burns, Adam Hills and other of the biggest names here have played it so far, so awesome!
Things are looking up for those guitar wielding brothers. I am professional envy. Well done to them though, it's pretty kick arse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I were in Melbourne.
DAMN YOU, UNI! DAMN YOU! WHY WON'T YOU LET ME LIVE?!?!?!?