Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Warriors 2-2

They lost on the weekend to Souths. It sucked a bit. My mate Christopher found it soul destroying. I was upset they lost but upbeat for the following reasons.
  • Our reliance on Stacey was massive which is something which I reckon Cleary can fix. Fien is clearly overplaying his hand and Moon’s god complex can be highlighted easily enough in video sessions. If he can distribute, which he’s capable of we’ll get a lot more ball out to the left wing.
  • Lance is back and he understands what’s required of him. He knows when to run and when to pass which solves the problem of Fien’s horrid kick options. Henderson played with so much more mongrel than in the previous three rounds as well.
  • Our forward pack was fierce. With that much ball and dominance we will win more games than we lose this season. We were pretty ineffective on the last but Souths had to pull out a heck of a defensive effort to do it. It wouldn’t surprise me to see them lose a close one next week as it’s surely got to take a toll.

They just named the team and Lance isn't back so scratch point two. They're up against Newcastle in Newcastle this weekend. I wish I could go but I'm visiting the parents in Tasmania.

Joy.

No comments: