Thursday, April 23, 2009

Asia Mart.

There’s a new Asia Mart in town. It opened at the site of the failed Wiener house on the Pacific Hwy at St Leonards and is funnily enough called Asia Mart. That whole row of shops isn’t very inspiring for success. There’s the Dry Cleaners, then the dodgy pizza place. There’s the Columbian Crack Dealers who decided to move, then there’s Sierra which is lovely and I try to go to every now and again. Next is Asia Mart, the NKOTB. After that is The New Arthurs which has been shut as far as I can tell for about 10 years. The old Arthurs must’ve been total crap. Next up is the bank which turned into the nature care college enrolment office and is now a squat for the homeless. After that is the vacant Retrovision where I bought our landline phone from about 3 ½ years ago. Memories. Finally there’s the 7/11 and we all know what I think of that.

It seems to me the key to success is ensuring you get one of the corner stores. Shops that exist in the middle of the block of death seem to fade out quickly. I’ll let you know how Asia Mart goes.

No comments: