Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Visitors from Aldi

Yesterday after my Aldi post, I noticed that I had a spike in traffic from the States. Seeing as no-one reads my blog it was easy to tell who it was. Apparently, someone in retail statics from Aldi in Tampa, Florida must’ve been searching the Blogosphere for Aldi stories and found mine.

If they come back, I’d like them to know that I enjoy shopping at Aldi, however I find that their fresh produce leaves a lot to be desired, so much so that I think that if they’re going to fuck up that sort of retail offering as consistently as they have (ie frost bitten green beans, carrots that go off within a week, poor quality apples) they should consider dumping it from their range and just work on processed foods. I’ve only ever bought “fresh produce” from Aldi when I’m time poor and would much prefer supporting my local grocer, deli or butcher as I like quality. I know they’re pitching at a cost/value segment of the market but does that excuse crap produce? Anyways, my poor experience with fruit and veg have made me suspicious of the quality of things such as fresh meats or pre made meals like their Lasagne (which incidentally is quite good. We had it at a friends the other evening) and so I’d be hesitant to buy them as a first choice.

I hope that the Aldi person comes back and reads this qualitative feedback and comments below. I live in hope but I doubt it will happen. Also, seriously, something needs to be done about the hygiene of your checkout chicks. It’s not my place to offer grooming solutions and advice to your employees. You do it.

Finally, isn’t Aldi German anyways? Mein lieblingsfach is deutsch! Wo ist der jungendherburgenzentrum bitte? Yeah, that’s what I said.

No comments: