Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Steamfest

Oktoberfest and other famous fests of the world look out – Steamfest 09 is here!

I saw a poster at Central and so I googled it this arvo. It's a celebration of steam and trains. When I hear Steamfest I either think about big sweaty men in sauna's or a guy who wants to open a lot of envelopes in secret. Excellent.

Seeing as it's such a big event, they're looking for volunteers like this guy.



There's still signs with the numbers 1,3-9 left on them for you to hold.

Apparently the Powerhouse Museum will have a strong presence there.

"The Powerhouse Museum will have a strong presence at Maitland Steamfest in 2009"
I think I'll go to the Powerhouse as opposed to going to Maitland for two days thanks.

The Powerhouse doesn't have delicious Malaysian food or Turkish Gozleme though.

"...a range of tantalizing food from Malaysian Cuisine and Turkish Gozleme..."
No, they don't but if I want to pay some fat Turkish woman $9 to make a crepe and stuff it with Spinach and Fetta I would like to be off my face at a festival and not in Maitland. If you go to Steamfest, let me know how it went. It sounds steamy.

No comments: