Monday, March 16, 2009

Online Meltdown Cont

Well it took 45 days but the second installment of online meltdown is here.

After closing down accounts and vowing to never return our forum friend made a new account over the weekend just in time for the footy season. The welcome was not that warm. In fact it was a bit nasty. It lead to a mass sms and the thing is, I didn't even have anything to do with it. For serious. Here it is.

“I knw uve all gone & prejudged me and made sum little pact 2 neva talk 2 me.its a shame u can be so niave in ur thinking.ur treatment in d forum is also disgusting. Wat a way 2 welcum ppl or 2 even start a clean slate. Poor form frm all of u”
As funny as it is, it’s also kind of sad. There’s an interesting article on SMH today about online gaming that references online addiction. It says

“Other studies have indicated that people who spend a lot of time online in activities such as web surfing, email and chat rooms are often motivated by loneliness, depression and anxiety,”
Sound familiar much?

No I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about them...

No comments: