Saturday, March 28, 2009

Comedy Store and Jim Jeffries

On Tuesday afternoon I got a call at about 4:45pm. It was from Michael at the Comedy store offering a 5 minute spot and so I took it. I brought my mate Michael along, or he brought me along as he drove.

Subby Valentine was MC and the open mic comics were quite good. That said the crowd were there to see Jim and so Subby worked hard while I waited to go on first. I opened with my polite brand of racism but then went a bit flat. The audience weren't prepared to give anything and it's tough trying to win a crowd back in 5 mins. I swear I heard a guy at the front say to his friend "This guys jokes are observations which aren't funny" which I only managed to piece together when I got back to my seat in the audience. Although I got laughs, I've done better so I was a bit glum when I finished. It was almost consoling to see the other comics struggle a bit after me. They had a break and then Jim Jeffries came on and he was exceptional. He went for about 40 mins longer then he should have and I felt like I needed to clean out my mind afterwards. That said, if you get a chance, you have to see him. His jokes are first class.

Here's a TV special. Watch it.

No comments: