Thursday, March 5, 2009

Comedy Wrap Up

Monday was the filming of the Graduation Night gig. It was a pretty crazy wee night truth be told. It started well with all the comics getting there and getting used to the stage and the mic. Dave Jory opened and warmed the crowd and he's so good at it. Rob my comedy teacher was on as MC and introduced the night and got it off to a decent start and then Rich was on. He has a ridiculous moustache and is an odd character at the best of times but was suitably entertaining. Eve who cou;dn't stop giggling throughout the course was on with an odd piece about martians which suited her. Next up was Harry who made fun of his disabilities and his Knox school up bringing. Callie followe Harry and she's a pretty spritual intellectual type who used placards and read out news stories. Probably a bit too much thinking and words involved but it was interesting enough. Amanda took us into the break and destroyed the place with her list.

A couple of my mates came and they seemingly enjoyed the first half and were looking forward to the second half. It started with Anna who got heckled by some drunks who decided to make the show about them. Their heckling continued through Ben and Kellie's sets and then I was on. I think I went quicker than usual but it went well and most of it landed pretty cleanly so I was happy. Dave Smiedt finished up the night and in the end was in a running heckle battle with about 4 different groups so he just called it a night. Wild stuff.

Wednesday night I went to Amanda's bday gig and got asked to perform at the last minute. I rolled with a similar set to Monday and it worked to good effect. All in all it was a fun night and Amanda was the star with a headline spot. All in all a lot of fun and I was glad I could be a part of it.

No comments: