Friday, November 21, 2008

Who Wears Short Shorts?

On the way home this guy was sniffling and wiping his nose on his newspaper. I know how that feels so I offered him a tissue. He said thanks but didn't actually use it. Maybe he was embarassed that his sniffling had been noticed, or perhaps he had wiped all his boogers out on his newspaper.

Either way, my offer to sniffles made the guy sitting next to him look up and we recognised each other. He used to go to trivia at the pub around the corner from where I used to live. His nickname was Short Shorts on account of his...short shorts. We started chatting and it was about 20 mins from our stop so you would imagine it would be laborious but it wasn't at all. He told me about his 2 year old daughter and his pregnant wife who is expecting in December. I told him how potent he was and how I no longer go to trivia because I started stand up comedy.

He thought it was amazing and based on the fact that we answered questions together 6 years ago, he said he'd come along to a gig at some stage. I gave him a card and he said he'd email. People seldom do though. Prove me wrong Short Shorts! Prove me wrong!

No comments: