Thursday, November 20, 2008

Quantum of Solace



Is anyone else excited about this? I get swept up in mad fanboy hysteria and I admit I'm very excited. I would see it tonight but I'm weary and so I'll see it on the weekend.

I think the excitement I feel is half a continuation of a rejuvinated Bond franchise and half the excitement I'll have in seeing my man crush Daniel Craig on screen. He's so steely eyed and dashing. Swoon.

My excitement though has not stopped me from question what Quantum of Solace actually means. What is a Quantum of Solace? If you break it down, quantum is a large proportion or a particular amount, of is a proposition linking the sentence and solace means consolation. In short it could've been called "A Lot of Consolation" but that doesn't sound anywhere near as sexy. I reckon Ian Flemming sat in his bed, went through his thesarus and said, these words sound better, I'll stick with it. And so it was.

No comments: