Friday, November 21, 2008

Meat

We're going to meat raffles at Epping RSL tonight. I can't wait as it's been ages since we've gone.

If you're on Facebook here's the group. I encourage you to join even if you have no intention of going. It hasn't stopped people so far.

In preparation for meat I decided I'd have steak for dinner last night. It was good. I bought an aged rump steak on the bone and a lady steak for Ris. Here they are with my watch in the background.



Here's a side view so you can get some perspective on how phat this bad boy was.



Whoa Nelly! 480gms of prostate stimulating fun. Bonus Bone included!

I oiled these kids up with garlic infused olive oil, then seasoned with Cumin, Pepper and Salt. Salt draws out the moisture and all but I find that preseasoning the meat wins in the flavour steaks. Oh yeah!

Here they are on the BBQ.



Notice the marbling on old boney? It's a lovely S shape for sexy.

Here's boney all seared and grilled and lovely



And that's all the photo's I took. I got far too excited from there. I should've cut it open and shown you the lovely medium rare I got but gluttony prevailed. I served it with some sweated mushrooms in butter and vegetable stock, green beans and caramelised onions with garlic. It was a sexy taste sensation. I'm not going to turn this into some sort of homo cooking blog I promise. If I was I probably would've taken a photo of the final plate. It's just that I get really excited about meat and wanted to share it with y'all.

No comments: