Thursday, May 14, 2009

Subway

The sandwich shop, not the form of transport.

Anyways, for lunch today, I had a footllong meatball sub. It was good. It was also $7which is a bargain. Where else can you buy a foot of food for that much?

I noticed the following while I was in line. The guy in front of me asked for a meatball sub, I asked for a meatball sub, the chick after me asked for a meatball sub (cut in half because they don't actually cut them you stupid sandwich whore), the guy after her asked for a meatball sub and the guy after him asked for a meatball sub. That's 5 in a row. Subway's subs for $7 seems to be drawing all the meat ball lovers out of the woodwork and really who can deny a healthy love of balls?

On a side note, I heard that when filming ads for Subway, to keep the subs steaming, they dip a tampon in boiling hot water and then wedge it into the sub so it releases the steam and vapour on a continual basis. After it's had meatball sauce all over it, it looks like it's been used for something else entirely.

No comments: