Thursday, February 12, 2009

Brett Favre Quits - Again

Brett Favre has announced his retirement after 18 season in the NFL. Read more here.

I never really liked him too much but I respected what he did. I think the closest I cam to liking him was his last season with Green Bay where he lead them to the finals and then he ruined it all by dicking around and making the cut/retirement/bench Aaron Rodgers argument kinda difficult. In the end he's basically stuffed the Jets for a decent QB option next season. I'd consider making a play for Matt Cassel if I were the Jets. Cassel will probably demand a contract upgrade and with Brady healthy it may be too tough to keep both.

Final point - in one of my fantasy leagues this season there was a team named "NYJ #4 is an Ass" Direct and to the point. At least someone will be happy he's gone.

No comments: