Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MJ Bucharest

I was watching Michael Jackson's Bucharest Concert and I was interested in his clothing.



He's wearing a golden vest which I believe is a fencing jacket. I used to wear one when I fenced back in high school. How bizarre. I don't think he's ever fenced and so he probably has no need to wear it.

It's not the first time fencing gear has popped up on television. I can think of three occasions off the top of my head which are:

1) The crazy sweaty fencers from Total Eclipse of the heart



2) Madonna in Die Another Day



3) That Just for Men dye ad where they fence and the chick gets stabbed and she says "You nailed me" I can't find a video of it.

Anyways, my point is that fencing is totally relevant even today.

Update:

I remembered that a fencing jacket is called a plastron. Totally Rad Man!

No comments: