Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Music and Sports

During team announcements at Origin Diddy's "Come with me" was playing. Apart from being a slightly homoerotic sounding invitation, I find it gets played a lot at sporting events, especially league related ones.

It got me thinking of other songs I enjoy at sports and then it got me thinking of the Madden franchise. Three of my favourite Madden related tunes are below. Please enjoy them.

The first is Quarashi with Mr Jinx.



Apparently they're a now defunct hip hop group but they were big in 02/03 when Marshall Faulk was the Cover Athlete. They also had the mildly successful single "Stick 'Em up"

Next is OK Go with Get Over It.



The proper video disabled embedding. Jerks. OK Go are probably best known for their treadmill film clip for Here it Goes Again. This is from the same Madden as Mr Jinx. Craziness eh?

The final one is The Rapture with Whoo! Alright Yeah Uh-Huh. I think this was on Madden 07 with Shaun Alexander as the cover athlete. You may know House of Jealous Lovers a little bit better. This song made my Good Vibrations Festival last year. Seriously.



Anyways, whenever I hear these songs I think of breaking off a massive kick return for a Touchdown or catching a hail mary pass with seconds left on the clock, something I can't do since my Xbox died...sigh...

No comments: