Monday, September 8, 2008

Google question of the Day - Ceramic Mugs



I was in Malaysia last month and bought 5 mugs for the guys back in the office. Above is a photo of my one. It's got a funny handle and a cartoon of a man rocket powering a rocket, I guess, with his anus. Anyways upon conversion from MYR to AUS I discovered that they cost the princely sum of $3 each. That begs the question - How much does it cost to manufacture a ceramic mug? I asked Google and found out the following points

• Some sites will charge you $14.95 USD for a customised mug.
• There's a self cooling mug out there for $15.95. I just leave mine on the coffee table and it cools itself perfectly so why would I pay for the privelege?
• To learn how to craft in Ceramic would cost $5 USD per person in Dallas. To learn to fire the mug would cost $10 USD again in Dallas and to glaze said ceramics would cost $3-5 USD per jar of glaze. I don't actually know how much raw ceramics cost.

Here's the rest of my search results - Search Results

Based on this info I reckon I got a bargain.

2 comments:

Tibor said...

Ha! I was one of the 5 that got a mug...internet infamy. Suck it up bitches.

Ray said...

Thanks one of the guys from the office. Extend your fame by taking a photo of you with the mug. It'd be kinda sexy.