Thursday, September 11, 2008

Comedy Gig - Review

Tuesday's gig has well and truly come and gone. As mentioned earlier it was at the Edge on William St in the city, just opposite the car dealerships and hookers. Peter Meisel was MC and he's an always affable host with a slightly bitter streak. I was on second and followed Richie, a young comic from the UK who has some good lines and an interesting way of saying paedophile and urinal. Those crazy english dudes.

My set was solid and seemed to be appreciated by most people. The comments I got ranged from, good set to well polished to you have a good rapport with the audience. I should have really put more work into my act but I was happy with the 6 minutes I had. Because I'm a tosser I might as well do a pinnacle and a nadir section.

Pinnacle: The successful reading of Bucket Fanny and my new female introduction.
Nadir: Muffing my City Rail joke but still getting a laugh at the end.
Points of note: Prepare next time you nob.

After me was a first timer who had one too many drinks and unfortunately rambled. Justin D Lodge closed out the first section with a great take on the Olympics especially the Butterfly.

After the intermission Tony, a comic from Bankstown was on with a surreal fish finger segment, Bonnie from WA was next then a comic called Anthony Wood who was very sharp. Finally my mate Michael made his return from a 4 month hiatus from stand up and he brought the house down. It was solid and was well received. Hopefully he keeps it up.

The night closed with some improv madness and Mark who runs the room must be happy with the way it's going.

Good times had by all, except perhaps bad times for the hooker who got into the combi van at 10:11pm.

No comments: