Friday, October 31, 2008

Red Card Comedy

I haven't updated any of my gigs lately and I really should have but I've been lazy. My gig before last I was heckled off stage in a show called Red Card comedy. I only had about 30 seconds and the crowd lost the plot and got rid of me. A tad undeserved? I tend to think so but dem's da breaks.

Here's a gig review from Gagging for It - Review

Please note the 4th paragraph, I think they're talking about me...

"By the time a few comics had fallen to the gong, the crowd well and truly had the idea, and their dander was up. The urge to gong seemed to come in waves. It took quite a lot for a comic to be allowed to complete 5 minutes, and if the last one up had done so then it was nearly guaranteed that the crowd would want the next one gonged no matter what, thus ensuring that some of Sydney’s funniest rising comics had barely a chance to deliver their first punchline before the punters were yelling to get them off the stage."

Would I do another gong show? Yeah probably. Would I change my material? Probably not.

No comments: